Preparations for WRD are in full swing and I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off doing 98374587 different things and saying "no" to 74375328 others. Funny how people like to come up with ideas and then sluff responsibility off onto someone else.
Aside from work, I am making an effort to get out, stay out, meet people, find cool places to visit and make my place as homey as possible. My landlady seems very pleasant and the surrounding area feels safe, so (for now) I am glad to have found the place I did. Especially considering the price. Hallelujah!
On Monday I went to dinner with 5 super-cool women, all of whom (including myself) are dealing with an "issue" of some sort. We had delicious Indian food, though I shouldn't have ordered mine so spicy...it burned I tell you, and talked the evening away. At 16:00 I was very tempted to bail out of the dinner and just go home, curl up on my couch and call it a night...but after the fact, I'm glad I chose to pull myself together and go out.
Come Sunday, it will have been a month since I've been here. I am a bit surprised at how quickly time flies. I still fluctuate between lonliness/sadness and drive/peace, but at least the feeling of being completely lost has subsided considerably.
In a month's time, I've been able to do many things short of getting Internet at my place. Thankfully, that will get hooked up on the 23rd when a colleague of mine who is leaving Rwanda *snif* is going to sign over his Internet service to me. It's funny how electronically whipped I am, I can handle not having a TV, but not having Internet at home is like not having hot water, or food or a roof over my head. Yes, I am a spoiled Westerner, but by God, I love having Internet. Can't wait to talk to some of you over the informationsuperhighway!
Ok, 2987497 things to do and then we're calling it a day. I can see the weekend coming, slowly, but surely.
x
No comments:
Post a Comment